Moving an office or industrial facility is no easy matter. We have outlined below a high level overview of office-moving steps involved and the tasks aligned to each to help you get started. This will get your team set off on the right foot to properly plan and execute your facility packing.
5-Step Plan for an Office and Commercial Move
Step One: Develop a Relocation Plan
- Identify and appoint a project manager for the relocation.
- Determine furnishings, contents and equipment to be relocated.
- Establish the overall time-frame and schedule of events.
Step Two: Organize the Plan
- Appoint the necessary move coordinators for an effective relocation committee.
- Establish communications with employees regarding the relocation process.
- Contact the necessary moving company to be involved in the relocation process.
Step Three: Finalize the Plan
- Request and receive proposals from all vendors, especially Mid-West Moving & Storage.
- Evaluate the proposals and select vendors.
- Establish a budget for the entire relocation process.
Step Four: Activate the Relocation
- Schedule relocation dates with vendors.
- Arrange a detailed walk-through with all parties.
- Review final “monitor and control” plan with on-site supervisors.
Step Five: Evaluate the Move
- Determine if all vendors performed according to plan.
- Evaluate employee and management satisfaction levels.
- Review final costs against proposed budgets.
For additional help from one of our Move Managers, please call Mid-West Moving & Storage at 888-722-6683. We have over 35 years of experience and are IOMI certified to ensure an efficient and seamless moving process.