Dear Mid-West Moving & Storage Client, updated April 29, 2020
Mid-West Moving & Storage (MWM) continues to assess the COVID-19 situation and we are working to ensure the safety of everyone. MWM is monitoring all new information regarding the virus from the Illinois Department of Transportation, the Illinois Emergency Management Agency, the Center for Disease Control and more.
Concerning Mid-West Moving & Storage Booked Client Moves:
At this time MWM does not have any plan to postpone current booked moves and we will continue operations while monitoring the ongoing situation on a day to day basis.
We take this situation very seriously and plan to continue our present processes in which we clean and sterilize moving equipment after every job. We are restricting all sick employees from working and are asking all clients to let us know if they are sick before we enter their homes or offices to protect all parties.
We want to assure you that we take the health and well-being of our community, customers, and associates very seriously.
Safety measures we are taking to protect our team as well as our clients:
- We clean and disinfect moving equipment and trucks daily.
- We are restricting all sick employees from working.
- We are temperature testing multiple times daily.
- We ask all clients to inform us if they are sick before we enter their homes or offices.
- We continue to provide hand sanitizer, gloves and masks for employees.
- We are practicing social distancing to avoid contact.
If anyone in your household or office has any respiratory illness, we ask that you please reschedule your appointment for a future date.
At this time, recommendations from state and federal health officials are focused on limiting international travel and on limiting gatherings in the immediate future.
Mid-West Moving & Storage considered Essential Business & Operations (Essential Services):
Governor Issues “Stay at Home” Order Until May 30
On Friday March 20, 2020, Governor Pritzker ordered a “Stay at Home” executive order until April 7, 2020 in the state’s effort to stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus. This was extended to May 30th in the next round of Stay at Home” orders.
While not expressly listed in the exemptions listed in the original Executive Order, moving & warehousing is indirectly included multiple times. In Section 12, paragraph i exempts “Post offices and other businesses that provide shipping and delivery services, and businesses that ship or deliver groceries, food, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, goods or services to end users or through commercial channels”.
To assist our clients, please see the following resources:
- Centers for Disease Control COVID-19
- CDC Workplace, School, and Home Guidance
- Illinois Department of Public Health COVID-19
- IDPH COVID-19 Hotline: 1-800-889-3931
- CDC Print Materials
- World Health Organization
- Local updates from our partners, The Schaumburg Business Association
- Local Updates from our partners, The GOA Regional Business Association