Office Decommissioning in Chicago, IL
If your business rents your current office space, then you are contractually obligated to decommission the space before moving your business to a new location. Office decommissioning is the process of returning your office space back to its original condition as stipulated in your lease agreement.
At Mid-West Moving & Storage, we can provide office decommissioning services as part of our commercial moving services in the Chicago, IL area. We will help form and implement an office decommissioning plan that will meet the conditions specified by your property manager in your lease agreement.
The purpose of decommissioning your office space is to get the space back to its original condition in the eyes of your landlord or property manager. The terms of the decommissioning for your space should be explained in your lease agreement. Decommissioning could be a lengthy process depending on what you have done with the office space.
Our professionals at Mid-West Moving & Storage can provide the following services to help with the decommissioning process:
- We will have a meeting with your property manager or landlord to verify the terms of the office decommissioning.
- We will remove and liquidate or recycle unwanted furniture, fixtures, and other equipment.
- We will remove and dispose of communication and network cabling, including cabling within the walls, ceiling, and flooring.
- We will remove and liquidate or recycle air handling systems, warehouse racking, and other large equipment.
- All trash is removed and disposed of properly.
- Unwanted appliances are removed and disposed of.
- We will vacuum carpeting and tile flooring within the office.
- We will sweep hard surface flooring including concrete flooring.
- Damaged drywall will be repaired.
- We will replace damaged ceiling tiles.
- If there are hazardous materials that are dangerous for the environment such as asbestos, lead paint, chemicals, and flammable materials, we will work with a licensed professional to remove them.
- We will walk through the property with the landlord or property manager to ensure that the decommissioning satisfies the terms of the lease.
The decommissioning process is an important process that your business must begin as soon as the move is underway. Our moving professionals at Mid-West Moving & Storage are prepared to help businesses in the Chicago, IL area with decommissioning services and ensure that they have satisfied the terms of their lease agreement.
Contact Mid-West Moving & Storage at 888-722-6683 for more about our decommissioning and office relocation services.