"they problem solved well, especially with my big couch" Kathy A
"They were swift, professional, and enjoyable to work with" Noreen D.
"careful to protect the floor since it was raining, endured difficulty of moving heavy crated items to 2nd floor" Kathy A.
" .. did an excellent job in preparing for the move with all the necessary information & elevator reservation" George R.
"We were afraid that movers weren't going to fit into our budget when we bought our first home, Midwest Movers put us at ease with a complimentary consultation & great money-saving tips" Katherine F.
"these guys are the best" CN Railway
"They were fantastic and treated my belongings as if they were their own. I’m a frequent mover and my experience with Midwest Moving is the best I’ve ever had. " Candace G.
"It was a great experience working with your moving team. They were very professional at all times and made sure we were happy with the move." Ramesh B.
Your move counselor can help
- When should I call MIDWEST Moving and Storage, Inc.?
If you need to move today, we can probably do that. If you require a written in-home estimate, you should call about 4 to 6 weeks before your move. We generally just ask you to give us as much notice as you can.
- How long does MIDWEST Moving and Storage, Inc. need for an in-home estimate?
Usually no more than an hour.
- What are my responsibilities as the person being moved?
In brief …
- Be present during the packing of your belongings.
- Take personal responsibility for jewelry and other high value items.
- Check and sign the inventory of your belongings.
- Ensure that no prohibited items are packed.
- So what can or can’t I take with me?
Generally speaking, dispose of all flammable items, liquids, foods and other items that should not be shipped. Anything that can deteriorate should not be shipped. If you have a question about something, just call and ask.
- Anything that is definitely a no-go area?
Well, mainly those things you might expect – drugs, alcohol, weapons, ammunition. Shipping certain high value items or collections may require you to purchase extra coverage.
- What about my car?
Most of the time we can take your car(s), truck or SUV with the rest of your belongings in the trailer or container. If this is not possible, we can arrange for an alternate method. We do not transport cars as part of a regular local move, however.
- Suppose I pack myself?
Why not? But be aware of the potential problems. For instance, valuation coverage will not pay out on goods packed by their owner, unless the exterior of the box is damaged.
- How long will MIDWEST Moving and Storage, Inc. take to pack my goods?
Every home is different but we can normally pack a home in 1-2 days.
- Can I leave my clothes in their drawers?
Yes, you can. Just be sure not to leave anything solid that can damage the piece.